The experienced leasing agent is responsible for the leasing and marketing of available and upcoming available homes, and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments.
• Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
• Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
• Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
• Inspect models and available "market ready", communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
• Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
• Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
• Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
• Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
• Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
• Secure new resident's signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
• Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
• Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
• Maintain current resident files.
• Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
• Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
• Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
• Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
• Consistently implement policies of the community.
• Receive telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
• Quickly complete maintenance Service Requests and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
• Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
• Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
• Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager.
• Yardi System
• Blue Moon
• Lead 2 Lease
• Craigslist posting
• Microsoft Office
Skill Sets Required:
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software.
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
• Neat, clean, professional at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
• Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
• Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.
Previous Job Experience
• 1 year of Apartment Leasing experience preferred
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Fair Housing Training
• Working knowledge of real estate law and leasing practices
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to close!
• Customer service orientation
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
If this sounds like you then we want to meet you! Respond to this ad with your resume or interest and we'll reach out to arrange an interview and get you started!
Professional Perspectives brings over 30 years of combined industry leadership. We have assembled the very best recruiters in the field. Our company was founded on the belief that excellence in service, recruiting and screening will allow for partnerships unlike any found in the marketplace today. We are dedicated consultants that are experienced in all aspects of staffing, from entry-level to senior executives. Professional Perspectives, one of Denver's leading executive recruiting and staffing firms is assisting various management companies in their staffing search needs