PLEASE ONLY CERTIFIED VETERINARY TECHNICIANS APPLY. Must be flexible and willing to work alternating weekends with current staff. We are seeking a qualified veterinary technician with previous experience working in a veterinary hospital. Candidate must be friendly, outgoing and people oriented. Must be a self motivated, team player who is attentive to detail, effective at oral and written communication, and demonstrates strong technical skills. Computer and telephone skills are a must.
• Ensuring that clients and pets feel welcome and comfortable
• Assisting veterinarians to provide compassionate nursing care
• Performing cursory exams and prepping animals for aseptic surgery
• Monitoring anesthetic patients
• Cleaning, maintaining, and preparing surgical instruments and equipment
• Maintaining accurate medical records
• Filling prescriptions as directed by a veterinarian, and explaining prescription directions
• Assisting receptionists with check-in and checkout procedures and providing telephone support
• Performing various laboratory tests
• Suggesting dietary products and other services to clients
• Keeping our facilities clean and well maintained
Position offers competitive pay and benefits, with ample opportunities for growth and career progression. Hours for full time positions range from 35 to 40 hours per week, and for part time positions, 20 to 34 hours per week. College or college equivalent education preferred, although veterinary technician experience sufficient.
VitalPet (www.vitalpet.com) is a fast growing group of quality veterinary hospitals. Our mission statement, "Celebrating and Protecting the Lifelong Love of Pets", reflects the passion of our team. Our culture, based on doctor driven medicine, is to empower our amazing people and provide a career track and growth opportunities.