Landscape Administrative Assistant Position
Job Description: To perform various duties specified in any office assistant position. Requiring limited knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Clerical duties will include a combination of answering the phone, bookkeeping, word processing, emailing, scheduling appointments, scheduling services i.e. work orders, etc., filing and other duties as per request for a fast paced landscape office.
• Computer Interaction: Use computers to enter data, record keeping
• Communication: Providing information to supervisors, co-workers and customers by phone, text, e-mail or in person.
• Administrative Activities: Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships: Develop a constructive and cooperative working relationship with customers and co-workers and maintain them over time.
• Processing Information: Compiling, categorizing, and verifying information and/or data.
• Documenting/Recording Information: Entering, recording, storing, and/or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
• Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work: Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work.
• Scheduling: Obtaining information from potential new customers, scheduling the potential new customer to meet designers and maintaining an organized schedule in a calendar.
• Active Listening: Give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the details being provided, and asking questions as needed.
• Reading: Understanding work related documents.
• Speaking: Talking with others to convey information effectively.
• Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriately needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
• Customer Service: Knowledge of processes for providing customer service. This includes accessing the customer's needs, providing quality customer service, and customer satisfaction.
• Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files, and records using manual systems and computer systems. This includes Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Yahoo Mail, Electronic and Manuel Filing, etc.
• Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English Language including the meaning and spelling of words and use of proper grammar.
• Accounting: Knowledge of basic accounting such as accounts payables, accounts receivables, and some reconciliation of accounts.