Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer
Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer to join our Buildings Market Group in our Bozeman, Kalispell, Missoula, or Billings, Montana offices.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company offering professional opportunities and lifelong benefits - it is a place you can build a career. We prize candidates who live our core values of integrity, commitment, respect, and excellence. The person in this position will help us to deliver on our core purpose: creating solutions that build better communities. If you want to apply your skills, learn and grow in a collegial environment, and tackle challenging project work we want to hear from you.
As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record's "Top 500 Design Firms."
Morrison-Maierle is recruiting to fill a Low Voltage Technology Engineer / Designer position. This individual will join a strong, diverse team delivering projects to Architectural and Facility clients, among others. As part of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with clients, consultants, design staff and other design team professionals to understand their low voltage requirements in order to deliver bidding documents.
Duties will include working under the direction of the Project Manager and Task Managers in the execution of project related duties. Over time, specific responsibilities will include:
• Project Types: Industrial, Higher Education, Municipal, Healthcare, Airports, Government, Hospitality.
• Design and Drafting of low voltage floor plans. Work area outlet layout, structured cabling pathways, conduit/cable tray fill calculations, telecommunications room design, grounding/bonding, audio/visual, public address systems, access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection systems.
• Preparation of 3-part CSI written specifications.
• Coordination of REVIT model/ceilings and backgrounds with architect, and responses to Request For Information from the contractors. Assembly and editing of construction specifications. Drafting of As-Built drawings for record.
• Tasks may also include riser diagrams, site inspections and punch lists, email and inter-office memorandum, report writing, submittal review, and design and construction meetings with owners, architects, and contractors. Must be familiar with or ability to learn the application of relevant codes.
• Managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success.
• Providing general supervision of technical staff, ensuring projects are completed in accordance with client requirements and company policies and standards.
• Professional and career development of staff.
• Performing as Client Service Manager and Project Manager, as necessary.
• Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures. Create and modernize quality assurance procedures, when necessary.
• Perform Quality Control functions, when necessary.
• Initiating, managing and assisting in building client relationships, including maintaining, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients and securing profitable new work.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field). P.E. preferred, but not required.
RCDD, PSP, CPP, CTS, CTS-D, PMP Certifications a plus or the ability to obtain one in 1 to 2 years.
Minimum of 2 years professional experience in delivering consulting and related services to the buildings consulting industry. Familiarity with the creation of bidding documents a must. Familiarity with low voltage-related design services in related markets in which Morrison-Maierle competes desirable.
Client relationship building skills, and the ability to pursue and capture projects. Must be service oriented and be excited to work in a team environment. Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with employees and managers. Positive attitude and professional bearing. Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
This position requires regular travel to Morrison-Maierle offices and to select conferences/business development venues. Must have a valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
Salary: $63,000 - $89,000 depending on experience
Locations: Bozeman, Missoula, Billings, or Kalispell, Montana offices.
Relocation allowances are available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans
What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?
As a 100% employee owned company, you have significant ability to impact the direction and strategy of the company and your work. This flexibility rewards those who seek positions of responsibility and leadership, and who have a growth mindset. Surrounded by the beauty of the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has offices throughout Montana, Wyoming, Washington and Oregon. We strive to give our employees work-life balance so they can advance their careers in some of the most desirable locations in the country. Morrison-Maierle is a community-minded company that encourages its employees to become involved in organizations with local and personal significance. We follow our Core Values of integrity, respect, commitment, and excellence in everything we do.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes generous Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement plans, and Incentive Compensation. Health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long -Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee paid benefits such as Short-Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance. In addition, we offer opportunities for professional development including percentage tuition reimbursement and attendance at professional conferences and trade shows.
Apply online at www.m-m.net