The Denver Milk Plant, located in Denver, CO has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic.
This a full-time/union position and will require the successful candidate to join the Teamsters union. The position offers unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement saving benefits, vacation days and much more.
* 2-3 years' experience in a high-speed food or beverage facility a plus but not a requirement.
* Ideal candidate must have strong electrical background, including familiarity with PLC troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of fabrication, machine shop tools, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to work any shift*.
* Ensures operation of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on electrical motors, pneumatic tools, conveyer systems, and production machines.
* Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
* Ability to troubleshooting malfunctions of all varieties.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipated need.
* Provides PM's on electrical and mechanical equipment and completes maintenance paperwork daily.
* Prepares daily set up of equipment.
* Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Comply with all GMP and other regulatory requirements as well as all company and site policies.
*Ammonia and Boiler knowledge preferred but not required.
* Frequently standing, walking, bending, climbing stairs.
* Mechanical/Electrical and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong math skills.
* Ability to lift 50lbs on a repetitive basis.
* Ability to read and understand prints.
* Basic working knowledge of PLC's.
* Basic ability to weld/machine/fabricate.
* Ability to use basic shop and power tools.
* Ability to work in noisy environment.
* Understanding of PM's (Preventative Maintenance) and ability to follow instructions.
* Experience in starting/stopping production machinery.
* Ability to adjust production machinery.
* Accurately document process forms, equipment downtime, and work orders.
* Previous forklift or powered equipment experience is preferred but not required.
* Prior maintenance experience in a high-speed manufacturing plant is preferred.
Associates in this role are eligible for Health & Welfare Benefits, Retirement Saving Options, and Paid Time Off/Vacation Benefit.
Colorado positions ONLY. Hourly rate starts at $30.00 and is commensurate with experience and other relevant factors.