Wabi Cycles is a local bicycle manufacturer that specializes in build-to-order steel fixed gear/single speed bikes.
We are looking for an hourly bicycle assembler/tech to assist on as-needed basis to assemble bicycles. This would be an 'on-call' position for assistance during peak order times or during the peak season. Hours could range from 10-25 hours per week and could be flexible to fit candidate's schedule (weekends, nights, etc). This could work for someone with either a part-time or full-time job that is looking for extra work hours.
The job will be located at our warehouse in northern Aurora (south of Havana and 70).
- 2 years of professional bicycle assembly or service work. Sorry, no home mechanics or sales-only experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of bicycle assembly or service (Note: Given we build fixed gear/single speeds, knowledge of more advanced topics like suspension systems, electronics, etc. are not needed).
- Attention to quality and detail. These are high quality bikes that are shipped pre-assembled all around the world so they have to go out perfectly.
- Able to work independently (given the schedule flexibility).
- Able to communicate effectively with shop manager and others.
- Hourly rate between $15 - 18 based on experience.
- Paid weekly.
- Part-Time W-2 employee.
- No other benefits.
Please provide resume or work history with application. No walk-ins please.