The Fox and The Raven Bakery by Corvus Coffee Roasters
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
As a member of the pastry team, bakers will execute all tasks related to assembling, mixing, and finishing pastry scaling, mixing, shaping, and baking pastry and bread products for Corvus and delivering these items for service while adhering to the Corvus vision, culture, and team values
Essential Job Functions:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values, and mission of Corvus
- Contribute to create a culture and work environment based on respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow, and develop their abilities
- Arrive to the kitchen floor ready to work at the time of the start of shift
- Understand all aspects of the bakery menus developed by the Head Baker and how to execute each component
- Understand the quality of product expected by Corvus and how to edit product that is not to that standard
- Works cleanly, ensuring that every station is cleaned after every project executed
- Execute recipe processes and techniques developed by the Head Baker to ensure consistency and quality
- Takes inventory each day of pastry product and communicates with Head Baker if any raw products are in low stock
- Use pastry inventory to write prep lists prioritizing projects that need to be completed so all products are ready for on time delivery
- Properly train, educate, and direct new bakery team members.
- Own the stations that they are working each day.
- Help other bakery team members when needed.
- Clean all equipment and workspaces following specific cleaning procedures set forth by Head Baker
- Communicates with all team members respectfully and professionally
- Maximize efficiency in all areas of production and execute proper time management during shifts
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume workplace
- Work in a thoughtful manner when executing any and all tasks
- Asks for help both when techniques are not understood and if a task needs immediate attention
- Complete bakery deliveries as scheduled
Essential Work Skills:
- A minimum of 1year experience in kitchen preparation
- A current Colorado Food Handlers Certificate
- Must have a high school diploma, formal culinary education is preferred, but not required.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 40 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 12 hours a day).
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Must be well groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture, and have required uniform and tools.
- Must display the ethical and professional standards set forth by Corvus
- Must have the stamina to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate computer software programs including spreadsheet applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clean driving record
- Other Duties as Assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.