Accounts Payable Specialist
Electrical Wholesale Industry
Elk Grove Location
Steiner Electric is a family-owned company founded in 1916. Steiner Electric is the 35th largest electrical supply business in thecountry, with eight locations in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Southeast Wisconsin. We represent many of leading manufacturers in the industry. With a team of 475 employees, we service customers with standard electrical and industrial supplies and represent automation products, motors and drives, energy management, field service and custom products. Steiner is a close family culture with a strong commitment to customer service, values, integrity and community service.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K and profit sharing.
We are looking for positive, ambitious, outgoing individuals with impeccable people skills to be part of a growth oriented Team.
The primary responsibility of the Accounts Payable Specialist is to process all invoices with appropriate documentation and approval.
Essential Position Functions:
- Process all invoices accurately and in a timely manner to ensure cash discounts are met
- Ensure proper coding of invoices, departmental approvals and accurate entry into ERP system
- Ensure proper purchase order receipts and matching for all inventory related purchases
- Respond to vendors for all inquires
- Bill customers for material shipped direct from vendors
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Research and analyze reports for un-booked receipts and billing discrepancies
- Work cross functionally with other departments within the Company to resolve outstanding issues
- Scan and attach all invoices and backup documents into ERP system
- Process rebates and/or cost credits
- Assist with special projects as needed