are accepted electronically ONLY at
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a
comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in
metropolitan Denver and online.
including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public
institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and
renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13
schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its
world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its
well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These
campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In
addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at
our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate
degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown
Denver. Denver is one of America’s most vibrant urban centers and the downtown
campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the
LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array
of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications
for an Admissions Counselor. This
University Staff (non-classified)
position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to join a progressive undergraduate admissions team within the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver. Represents the University to prospective freshmen and transfer students. Maintains effective working relationships with high school and community college counselors and other constituents. Assists with recruitment and admissions projects and programs. Assists in implementing and managing a student calling program.
Examples of Work Perfomed:
- Manage ongoing strategic communication and programming with designated high schools
- Operate the Transfer Admission Center as a part of an ongoing staff rotation. •Operate the Undergraduate Admissions and K-12 Outreach Center as part of an ongoing staff rotation.
- Utilize innovative technology and techniques for recruitment
- Represent the University of Colorado Denver at college fairs/nights
- Coordinate individual visits to designated high schools
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Counsel prospective students and their families on the admissions process and opportunities at the University of Colorado Denver
- Direct prospective students during in-person appointments, phone calls, emails, and group presentations to recruit and enroll.
- Maintain appropriate follow-up communication with prospective students, applicants, admitted students, and their influencers
- Communicate accurate information about the University of Colorado Denver, admissions, academic programs, and financial aid
The hiring salary range for this position has been established as $34,500-$40,000 and/or commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado
offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs,
including eligibility, is located at
of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff,
students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background
investigations for all prospective employees.
of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is
committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and
administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of
inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We especially welcome applications from candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in
education and employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in business, higher education, social sciences, psychology, communication, liberal arts or related field.
- One year of customer service experience in a professional setting
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- One year of admissions counseling, outreach experience, or equivalent •Experience in program coordination to include marketing, planning and implementing
- Experience working with Oracle/PeopleSoft web-based information systems
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent skills related to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, identify and set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to influence others positively through the use of sales/marketing skills
- Significant strategic, analytical, and creative capacity
- Intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative work style
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to provide excellent visual presentations
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by March 15, 2016. Those who do not apply by March 15, 2016 may or may not be considered.