ADMISSIONS OFFICER – Bilingual English/Spanish
With a strong commitment to raising the bar for healthcare in our community, Nassau University Medical Center is a Level I TraumaCenter and a 530-bed teaching hospital affiliated with Northwell Health (North Shore/LIJ) and Stony Brook University.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Bilingual Admissions Officer to screen admissions, interview patients, verify/enter insurance information and educate patients on hospital regulations.
Specifically, you will:
- Screen admissions, interview patients or families to obtain demographic and insurance data
- Schedule appointments, greets and registers patients, verifies and/or obtains necessary referrals and authorizations and enters authorization numbers
- Verify insurance and enter information accurately into the registration system
- Screen patients for eligibility for health insurance plans, obtain required documentation from patient and/or family member/patient representative, and submit insurance applications
- Ensure that patients complete and sign all required forms and receive all required documentation
- Explain hospital regulations, assign patients to appropriate beds, based on admissions order
- Receive and process birth notices and death notices; secures autopsy permission; make arrangements to release bodies
- Take census of patients admitted and discharged
You must perform above-described duties in Spanish, in addition to English.
HS Diploma with minimum two years of office experience in a healthcare facility or hospital NOTE: Education at an accredited or NYS registered college or university (30 credits) may be substituted for one year of the above-mentioned experience.
Must also possess:
- Knowledge of hospital admission policies and procedures and emergency procedures
- Ability to deal with people in stressful situations
- Ability to fluently speak/comprehend Spanish and English
- Strong computer proficiency