Location: Boulder, CO
Pay: $60,000-$80,000 DOE
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Job Type: Temporary-to-Hire
• Addressing complex technical challenges using independent thought and insight to reach across
• Working on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Overseeing analysis of intangible variables using expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
• Guiding the development, optimization and validation analytical methods for testing various raw materials, dietary supplements and other products.
• Conducting appropriate Operational Qualification of analytical instrumentation for proper operation.
• Supervise all activities and personnel within the Analytical Services group.
• Provide leadership and training to laboratory personnel in the proper use of instrumentation, documentation, and reporting.
• Develop methods for the analysis of various applications.
• Write and review proposals, reports, methods, SOP's and training manuals.
• As primary contact, effectively communicate project progress to customers, upper level management, other departments, and laboratory staff.
• Organize, delegate, oversee projects and assignments ensuring accurate and timely completion of daily functions.
• Provide and implement certification plans and plans to increase productivity and efficiency.
• Ensure quality control and comply with good laboratory practices and ISO 17025 standards.
• Work with HR and/or Legal departments to promote a positive atmosphere, train employees on company policies and help resolve personnel issues as needed.
• Work with safety manager to protect safety and wellbeing of Analytical Services personnel.
• Extensive knowledge of analytical instrumentation and methodology.
• Strong organizational and project management skills needed to prioritize projects.
• Knowledge of computer programs such as Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of natural product and dietary supplement analysis
• Knowledge of ISO and cGMP requirements.
• B.S. or B.A. degree in Chemistry or closely related field
• 5+ years of analytical chemistry experience.
• 1 to 3 years of laboratory management experience.