A Software Engineer (SE) is a skilled and experienced software developer responsible for the detailed design, implementation, and testing of subsystems and system components. A SE is able to build awide variety of software subsystems and components efficiently and effectively, given only a requirements specification and constraints. A SE is able to develop and sustain these subsystems and software components in complex, multi-vendor, multi-platform environments.
- Design, develop, modify, review, test and document software. This position will focus on developing the operating system and database features for proprietary software product lines using Java/Android Studio/Android SDK/3rd Party SDK development.
- Supports or participates in conducting routine technical analyses to design software applications and software tools that achieve desired functionality for a several products / systems / software applications
- Executes routine software engineering / technical assignments that involve analysis / programming
- Develop project plans and estimates
- Identify opportunities for processes improvements to maximize efficiency
- Develop and review documentation as necessary
- Participates in or supports the development of software engineering / technical solutions that adhere to established product specifications and functionality
- Participates in or supports the solution of software engineering / technical problems using basic engineering approaches
- Participates in and supports the testing and verification of the software by implementing and writing test functionality
- Provide technical expertise to produce design specifications from informal requests or written specifications.
- Use programming languages to design create, modify or maintain software for Systems Development.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases.
- Write documentation to describe program development logic, coding and corrections
- Assist in all application Unit/Integration testing with Engineering and Product Assurance
- Assume project level responsibility and ownership of resulting actions with limited supervision