At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
As an Area Contracting Manager, you will be responsible for driving large scale commercial contracting projects and leading the contracting team in within your district. Projects will be focused on Building Automation, Energy Management and related Commercial HVAC Systems. You will manage all aspects of assigned projects with direct responsibility for project execution and targeted profitability while leading your team to accomplish specific objectives. You will also be responsible for $3M- $8M in contracting revenue and working closely to sales to develop and acquire new projects. Trane always focuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
- Drive contracting profitability for the district and achieving specific Annual Operating Plan priorities.
- Manage performance by monitoring Contracting personnel effectiveness and efficiency in relation to customer service and operating plan goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of project planning for ongoing Contracting projects.
- Support the Contracting Operation Manager in delivering business results and sharing department vision.
- Organizes and schedules all assigned Contracting personnel. Identifies and prioritizes projects and plans jobs in detail.
- Directly supervise Contracting fulfillment personnel assigned.
- Functions as the primary interface between the customer, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal expertise within the sales organization and fulfillment organization.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Maintains and improves current customer relationships while seeking out other sales opportunities.
- Manages the assigned projects within the time and cost estimates.
- Reviews and validates contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Confirms Trane’s ability to meet the project performance and financial requirements by obtaining and analyzing customer data, project data, and implementation issues prior to accepting the project.
- Leads as a territory contracting operations safety professional to establish & maintain a work culture that makes safety priority #1.
- Directly supervises up to five back office employees in the contracting department.
- Supervises between five and fifteen technicians.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching and mentoring employees; and resolving problems.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience leading a large scale, high performing contracting business preferably in the Controls / Building Automation, Energy Management or commercial HVAC space.
- Must have superior project and people management skills.
- Must have hand-on knowledge of the installation, service, and maintenance of Building Automation and Commercial HVAC Systems
- A proven track record of successful interactions with sales teams to develop and acquire new projects
- Must have a proven track record of leading, developing and coaching employees
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related course of study is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.