Company Name: Loaf 'N Jug Mini Mart, Inc.
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in managing and directing the efficient operation of assigned store
to maximize sales and profitability. Perform the duties of the Store Manager in his/her absence. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Store Manager in recruiting, selecting, and managing a team of sales oriented associates who perform at levels consistent with our corporate objectives.
- Certify training emphasizing correct POS procedures, exceptional customer service, and plus selling.
- Support, uphold, and enforce all Company policies, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist in the management of labor and scheduling to minimize labor expenses, while ensuring adequate store staffing in accordance with the Labor Scheduling Program.
- Recognize the cause of shrink and works effectively to control losses and helps to increase profits.
- Assist in ordering merchandise and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels and maximize sales without merchandise out of stocks. Correctly verify the delivery of all merchandise and insure that all employees do the same.
- Ensure that the correct pricing is maintained and that all merchandise is in-code and saleable.
- Maintains high standards of store image ensuring that the store is clean, well-stocked, and ready for business.
- Strive to increase sales through suggestive selling skills/techniques and to consistently improve customer service.
- Ensure information flows to all Store Associates and advises management of significant events affecting the store.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2-3 years experience working in a retail setting and/or has successfully completed the training program for Store Assistant Manager.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must correctly demonstrate all Store Associate duties and be able to efficiently manage all store activities in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Most stores are open seven days a week and 24 hours per day. The Assistant Manager is scheduled to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays, as required to ensure the store is adequately staffed. Must be available to work overtime as needed.
- Must have reliable source of transportation and the ability to be reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2 years retail management experience or 2 years non-retail management experience.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree.
- Proficient computer skills.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Loaf 'N Jug Jobs: Loaf 'N Jug is always looking for exceptional Associates to work in our stores and at our corporate office in Pueblo, Colorado. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a job opportunity with Loaf N' Jug, we welcome you to complete an online application today.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs nearly 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,625 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. With more than $108.5 billion in sales in 2014, Kroger ranks 20th on the Fortune list and we continue to grow. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger is a leader in feeding the hungry, supporting breast cancer awareness, assisting local schools and community organizations, and supporting members of the armed forces and their families. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Breckenridge || 440 N. Park || 80424 || Loaf 'N Jug Mini Mart, Inc. || [[mfield2]] || Retail Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Full-Time || Driver's License