CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the topproviders of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals,we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ and MHM are currently seeking a highly motivated Audit Manager. In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your analytical, operational, management, and client service skills, by:
- Manage and plan multiple audit assignments in Manufacturing, Distribution, Not-For-Profit and Benefits Plans and many more industries.
- Serve as the client’s trusted advisor, demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, indentify client issues and conflicts and proactively communicate solution options to the client and team.
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables; complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the financial engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget.
- Overall responsibility for all phases of an engagement. Manage engagement budget, billing and realization of assigned clients and the supervision, training and mentoring of staff.
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities; including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentation and proposal development and meet individual cross serve goals.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships.
- Consult with shareholders and executives of assigned client organizations on business matters.
- Actively work to promote the most efficient operation of the firm.
- Evaluate internal accounting controls and audit programs or other reports, plans or programs prepared by the staff.
- Deal directly with the client's attorneys, consultants, and other parties.
- Supervise the preparation of management letters or final reports.
- Maintain steady contact with assigned clients throughout the business year.
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Assist with training, coaching supervising and mentoring staff and interns on MHM audit methodology.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong technical and management skills, in addition to:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred.
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- 6+ years of audit experience in public accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Middle market experience preferred with clients ranging from $3-$100m in revenues.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
- Knowledge of Caseware is a plus.
Come grow your career with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer