The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region's leading resource for informal science education. Located in the heart of Denver City Park, and neighbor to the Denver Zoo, the Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities that help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe. More than 300,000 students and teachers are served by Museum each year. The Museum houses nearly 1.5 million artifacts and specimens in its collections from around the world.
The Cashier's responsibility is to provide customer service, greet customers and take their money to pay for items purchased in the Deli or T-Rex Café.
Customer Service (50% effort)
• Maintains and instills high customer service levels in the food service outlets and throughout the museum. Greets guests and assists them with their dining needs.
• Greets each customer with a smile and salutation.
• Friendly to customers and co-workers. Empowered to answer questions about the Food Services department and get the answer from the appropriate contact in the museum.
Production/Set Up: (25% effort)
• Performs assigned duties required for set-up and breakdown completed by the appropriate time frames.
• Duties may include but are not limited to: stocking all reach-in refrigerators with product, wrapping cookies/brownies etc, cleaning rails in servery, cleaning in servery, cleaning and keeping cashier station tidy, making coffee, sweeping and mopping floors, and assuring that the tables near the entrance and exit of the café are clean.
• Maintains stock throughout the day at appropriate levels.
Finance (25% effort)
• Collects monies, distributes change, and accounts for all items purchased at the Deli and T-Rex Café via the POS system.
• Daily accuracy of within +or- $5.00.
• Accountability for an assigned bank.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 6 months' experience in cash handling required.
• 6 months' P.O.S./cash registers experience required.
• Basic proficiency Microsoft Office suite preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM MST on March 18, 2016 to http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DMNS&cws=1&rid=619. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
No phone calls please.
Calls and emails received to follow up on the status of applications will not be responded to.
Please check your email after applying for any positions, to see if you received an automated response to your application. If you receive that email, then your information has been received. Please check your spam/junk folder as well.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum's website www.dmns.org.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.