Kindred Healthcare, Inc., a top-150 private employer in the United States, is a FORTUNE 500 healthcare services company based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of $5 billion and approximately 61,500employees in 47 states. At December 31, 2014, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 2,370 locations, including 97 transitional care hospitals, five inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, 90 nursing centers, 22 sub-acute units, 143 Kindred at Home hospice, home health and non-medical home care locations, 100 inpatient rehabilitation units (hospital-based) and a contract rehabilitation services business, RehabCare, which served 1,913 non-affiliated facilities. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Healthcare Companies for six years in a row, Kindred’s mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Summary: Under supervision, provides basic nursing assistance and assists residents with daily living activities.
- Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
- Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
- Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed
- Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident's plans of care.
- Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
- Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progess in achieving restorative goals.