Now you can indulge your passion for cooking as well as capitalizing on your management and leadership ability!
Taher, Inc. is a contract food service management company providing K-12
We are currently seeking a Chef-Manager for a very progressive college dining program. You will be responsible for culinary scratch cooking, catering, and food production. 60% of your time will be focused on cooking, while 40% will be focused on office work. 100% of that time is focused on taking care of our customers and delivering fresh food. Additionally, you will be responsible for Profit and Loss management.
As our Chef-Manager, you will hire, train and teach employees -new and existing- specific kitchen procedures and job functions. You will also manage all kitchen staff and their schedule to ensure complete coverage.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring kitchen opening and closing procedures, food preparation and cleaning schedules are followed
- Ensuring that all meals are correctly prepared and are within acceptable time limits; verifying that all meals meet quality standards
- Handling ordering, receiving, storing and inventory control of all perishable products following specific procedures; controlling waste and effectively managing cost and gross profit margins
- Maintaining a clean, healthy, and safe kitchen environment; establishing monthly food and labor cost goals; conducting cost control analysis
- Developing standardized recipes, menu revisions, and calculating recipe and menu costs
Our Chef-Manager will be in charge of a staff of 2 to 10 people and have 5 years of previous experience in a similar position. Come be a part of our team and enjoy the art and business of cooking! Apply today!
Additional requirements include:
- Must have ServSafe certification
- Must have qualified cooking experience
- Must have food cost knowledge
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Catering experience, a plus