Responsible for performing Engineering duties/task and for the operational management and effective daily leadership and administration of the engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and effectively
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee and/or perform the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems and infrastructure within the facilities including: fire/life safety, chillers and associated equipment, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), freezers and refrigerators, cabling (data and voice, broad band), lighting and temperature controls systems, critical environments, light construction (painting, doors, locks), digital systems (fire alarm, card access, and Audio/Visual services. Self perform or Utilize staff and/or contracting with outside vendors as necessary to complete Customer services in a timely manner (As approved).
* Supervise, perform and/or manage engineering/electrical/mechanical and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
* Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures.
* Complete and keep current the JLL ESCP audit program
* Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program, work directly with the Customer's EH & S team members.
* Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
* Assist in the development of a Capital plan which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building's future capabilities are maintained.
* Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices.
* Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
* Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
* Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
* Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building's critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
* Ensure that all SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) are well-understood by all building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work within the facility.
* Performs additional job duties as requested.
* Extensive experience in the facilities maintenance field, backed with ten years of cumulative journeyman level and / or leadership experience in at least three of the following trades: steam fitting, plumbing, metal fabricating and welding, electrical, carpentry and H.V.A.C.
* Must poses and maintain a 608 EPA certification
* Must also have experience with utility systems found in commercial high-rise buildings (i.e., steam absorbers, compressed air and vacuum systems, water treatment and air handling equipment).
* Must be able to communicate (verbally and written) with diverse groups of individuals.
* Based on business needs, the position requires the flexibility to work off shifts and/or cover partial weekends. Must be able to provide off-hours emergency maintenance coverage
* Must have good communication skills (oral and written)
* Must be able to provide off-hours emergency maintenance coverage
* Must be Computer literate: MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and possibly Unix
* Must be proficient in reading blueprints, schematics, and ladder diagrams
* Must always comply with procedures, rules and regulations
* Must maintain a safe and clean work environment.
* Desirable attributes include:
* Trade certification in Refrigeration, Construction, HVAC, Electrical system, Boiler operator, welding, or other pertinent craft
* Knowledge of, and experience with, work order systems, BMS,PLC and DCS systems
* Experience in leadership of technical teams
* Willing to perform on call duties and overtime as required
* Must complete background and drug/alcohol testing
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $4.7 billion and gross revenue of $5.4 billion, JLL has more than 230 corporate offices, operates in 80 countries and has a global workforce of approximately 58,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 3.4 billion square feet, or 316 million square meters, and completed $118 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2014. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $55.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.