Hold a current Texas permit or license as a Registered Nurse. BSN preferred.
B. Training and Experience:
1. Current BLS certification required
2. Successful completion of hospital and nursing orientation within 3 months of hire required
3. Complete the Customer Service course within 3 months of hire required
4. One year of RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
5. ACLS preferred.
6. TNCC preferred.
7. EKG course within one year of hire or transfer to department
8. Moderate sedation competency completed within 3 months of hire or transfer to department
9. CNOR preferred.
10. Complete the following competencies within 3 months of hire or transfer to department:
• Aseptic technique
• Gowning and gloving
• Surgical hand scrub
• Surgical skin prep
• Electronic perioperative charting
• Role of the circulator in surgical case preparation
• Role of the circulator in preoperative patient assessment
• Role of the circulator in intraoperative patient care
• Role of the circulator in postoperative patient care