A 100+ year old metal fabrication company is looking to add a CNC Programmer to their innovative company. A candidate will need experiencein programming and running CNC lathes as well as Vertical/Horizontal machining centers. Experience with various grades of steel, iron and aluminum are needed as well as cutter technologies relating to turning and machining.
• Read and interpret blueprints / CAD Drawings
• Use Solid Edge and Mastercam X software to program 2 axis lathes with live tooling, vertical and horizontal machining centers up to 5-axis
• Work with machine operators on first run programs to ensure quality of program and optimal cycle times
• Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements.
• Understand, interpret and edit Fanuc M & G codes.
• Work with Engineering department to resolve any limitations on machining of parts and offer design suggestions to reduce cost and cycle time.
• Use existing process routers utilizing new machining practices and methods.
• Understands the concept of tool wear and cutter compensation.
• Is flexible with time and schedule to assure prompt program delivery to shop floor.