The primary responsibility of the Commercial Banking Associate, Senior is to provide high quality service to clients, prospects and associates, while performing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has an awareness of general banking products and services provided by other departments, such as Treasury Management and Wealth Management products, and has the ability to initiate referrals to these departments.
- Has knowledge of banks products and services, pricing and internal requirements, and is able to communicate these effectively to customer.
- Operates network computers/software, and other equipment necessary to handle financial transactions. Has knowledge of Client Builder and Custom Lender.
- Has complete understanding of the Bank’s Credit Policy, including individual Officer Authority and Loan Committee authority.
- Provides back up support in loan processing and loan documentation such as, but not limited to: Ordering - Illinois Complete Search, Tract Search or Title Insurance, Flood Determination, Proof of Insurance.
- Accurately packages executed commercial loan documents and ensures they are delivered to Loan Documentation in a timely manner, including verifying that documents are signed by customer and officer, proper authority is indicated, and all supporting backup documentation is included.
- Directs or performs all account maintenance activities requested by customers and management.
- Is able to direct requests from customers for such items as: name and address changes, check orders, issue/renew/cash CDs; signs up customers for direct deposit and automatic bill paying by ACH; answers rate inquiries and quotes rates (APY / APR); accepts orders for stop payment (checks, ACH), collection, wire transfer, and savings bonds; provides statement printouts, orders Visa Check Card/ATM cards and PIN numbers; provides notary service.
- Promotes bank services and cross-sells bank products.
- Knows where the CRA notice, statement and public disclosure file is located in the branch and who the CRA Officer is.
- Orders department supplies. Calls for required maintenance and repairs for equipment located within the department.
- Provides relief or backup coverage for other employees as required.
- Accepts mail deposits from customers and correctly processes these transactions.
- Process Daily Overdrafts online, in a timely manner.
- Processes customer on-line transfers between deposit accounts.
- Opens and closes accounts for Business customers using the Desktop system with 95% accuracy.
- Answers department telephones as necessary, taking complete and accurate messages for associates and handling as many customer requests as possible without passing them on.
- Process all requests for loan documentation through the Custom Lender System and completes all required data entry fields.
- Has knowledge of banks General Ledger and is able to properly process tickets for items as needed.
- Process all requests for loan documentation through Custom Lender and completes all required data entry fields. The incumbent should have knowledge of CSM, CRM, WAM’s etc. and be able to effectively request documentation for complex loans.
- Handles large Syndication loans, working with lead banks, or being the lead bank. This will require attention to detail to ensure loans stay in balance, and good communication skills both with internal and external lenders.
- Has an understanding of the various pricing options available to customers. Has knowledge of how to board loans and monitor relationships.
- Has working knowledge of Real Estate loans, either term or construction.
- Participates in on-going training for new staff.
- Participates in various focus groups of the bank, as needed. Has the ability to communicate commercial concerns and processes to different departments of the organization, to ensure smooth operations.
- Possesses understanding of fraudulent account activity and ways to detect fraud. Ensures processing of transactions is accomplished in a way that minimizes possible cases of fraud and prevents future fraud.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans. As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to, and pass, a pre-employment urine drug screening.