Knowlton Development Corporation [KDC] is North America’s leading personal care contractmanufacturer and custom formulator. Across four locations, KDC is serving the fastest growing brandsin the Health & Beauty Industry. Our KDC|Columbuslocation in New Albany, Ohio is currentlyrecruiting for a full-time Compounding Material Handler.
The Compounding Material Handler assists the Preweigh, Compounding, and Production areas withhandling raw materials required for manufacturing/filling of bulk product, and in accordance withcompany Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and/or Work Instructions (WI).
- Operates all processing and powered industrial equipment according to operationalprocedures, safety requirements and GMP regulations.
- Cleans and sanitizes tools, hoses, stainless steel totes, pumps and all other ancillaryequipment for the Production and Compounding areas. Records these actions in theappropriate logs.
- Transfers completed batches from all compounding mix tanks to totes and finished producttanks to meet the manufacturing and production schedules.
- Performs product rework as required.
- Stages batching KITS from lower to upper compounding areas.
- Handles and labels both hazardous and non-hazardous waste according to standardoperating procedures (SOP) and work instructions (WI).
- Completes all documentation according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and workinstructions (WI).
- Gathers and delivers quality samples for lab testing associated with bulk transfers.
- Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company’s quality system and FDAgood manufacturing practices, includes maintaining a clean and orderly area at all times.
- Follows, promotes and enforces KDC’s safety and environmental policies, practices andprocedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to promote and participate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to rotating assignments with a positive attitude and results.
- Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
- Good understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations (GMP’s) and OSHAsafety requirements.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, team building and organizationalskills.
- Must be able to understand and complete procedure documents in accordance with SOPs andWIs.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to use measuring and testing devices.