Benefits: Benefits: Plan Premium for the HRA-HSA Health, HMO Dental,
and Vision is paid 100% for employee only; optional 401K
How to apply:
Please email resume, or apply in person at Apply in person at Rocky Mountain Excavating Inc., 1199 Atchison Ct. Castle Rock, CO 80109 or apply by visiting www.rmecinc.com and downloading an application, or email resume or completed application with "Concrete Finisher" in the subject line. Emails received without this will be disqualified.
Monday through Saturday. 6:30am to 4:30pm, but start times will vary depending on the type of pour from early morning to late evening.
Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; and use saws to cut expansion joints.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
* Own, maintain and have in possession personal tools at all times. Tools shall include, but not be limited to: Magnesium Float, An assortment of Trowels from Long and Wide for wet concrete and Short and Narrow for hard concrete, Pair of Skates, Knee Pads, Mucking Boots, Sledge Hammer, Nail Pouches, Tape Measure, Hammer, and Pliers.
* Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
* Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
* Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
* Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
* Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
* Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
* Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
* Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
* Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
* Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
* Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
* Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
* Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
* Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
* Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
* Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools.
* Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
* Apply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water.
* Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder over surface to produce prescribed finish.
* Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
* Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
* Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
* Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
* Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
* Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
* Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
* Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
* Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : One to two years related experience
Certificates & Licenses
OSHA 10 hour course or completion of the OSHA 10 hour course prior to the start of employment. Federal OSHA 10 hour Construction course completed within 5 years of the date of hire, or completion of the course before starting employment with RME.
Valid drivers license, and the ability to pass a background investigation and drug screening.
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering N (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward C (Constantly)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl F (Frequently)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs O (Occasionally)
12 lbs or less C (Constantly)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Eye and Ear Protection, Safety Vest, Gloves, Dust Mask or Respirator, Fall Protection Gear)
Outdoor with varying weather conditions.