Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provideclassification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.Local Unit & Position Description
- Develop and implement innovative approaches using and developing analytical tools around storage operations and investments.
- Perform market simulations and analysis as part of a consulting team using advanced commercially available and internal optimization and simulation tools for valuation and operations of storage, microgrids and distributed energy resources
- Manage collection of client or researched energy storage market or infrastructure data and pre- and post-processing, and support accurate analysis for final reporting.
- Conduct qualitative primary and secondary research related to DERs, including technology, markets and capital costs
- Write research and consulting reports on technical and market issues relating to DERs
- Provide consulting support for testing activities, including developing specifications and experimental design and supporting testing data analysis.
- Provide project management or support for due-diligence, technical review and bankability studies.
- Conduct design reviews for compliance with best practices and conformance with electrical codes in the US and Canada.
- Conduct visits to project sites to ensure installations perform to code and are in line with design specification, quality control documents and customer requirements
- Provide system performance analysis to compare actual performance against performance metrics.
- Document and report project analysis results clearly and concisely, including presenting data in graphs and charts, describing approaches used to derive results, and interpreting the results.
- Assist with drafting proposals and supporting business development efforts
- Continuously develop as a subject matter expert in area of focus and expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines