What Pharmacy Services & Delivery contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for the prompt and accurate delivery and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care
providers in accordance withcustomer demand and requirements of the assigned route. Prepares doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes
doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with the prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT).
What is expected of you and others at this level
This position is part-time, 24 hours a week, and operates Saturday and Sunday from 5am-5:30pm.
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Accountabilities in this role
This is a Non-CDL delivery position using company vehicles that are typically small to mid-size pick-up trucks or cars.
- Provides pharmacy delivery services by ensuring prompt and accurate distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and the requirements of the assigned route.
- Provides timely and accurate completion of deliveries to Cardinal Health customers while using the most safe and efficient delivery routes.
- Assists in packing doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Verifies accuracy of labeling on outgoing shipments.
- Prepares receipts for products delivered to Cardinal Health customers.
- Handles and disposes of waste and used materials in keeping with prescribed safety standards.
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and performs minor roadside repairs.
- Performs general pharmacy and facility clean up.
- Maintains accurate log books and vehicle inspection records.
- Trains newly hired Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery Drivers on safe driving procedures, routing, etc. when required.
- Performs any other duties as required to ensure a safe and efficient pharmacy operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Ability to lift 55 pounds is required
- Prior delivery driving experience a plus
- Flexibility to work various shifts as needed
- Intermediate computer skills required