Customer Care Specialist – ATS-04
Salary Range: $15.12 - $23.42 (DOQ)
Full-time Day shift, Regular position
Location of position: Quivas Building
Languages: English (Spanish bi-lingual a plus)
OpeningDate: April 8, 2016
Closing Date: April 15, 2016
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers. Resumes may be attached to the application.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Customer Relations Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as full-time Customer Care Specialist. As a Customer Care Specialist you will represent Denver Water as the first point of service to our customers in a contact center or processing environment.
The successful candidate for the Customer Care Specialist will be able to perform the following duties:
- Answer phones and respond to customer inquiries, problems or complaints regarding daily operational activity. Interpret policies and procedures, codes, regulations and standards to customers and others regarding operational activities, problems and complaints.
- Follow-up, review and update unresolved customer records or reports. Investigate simple and intermediate issues and follow through to a satisfactory conclusion. Process payments and all associated activities, making necessary adjustments, corrections, and allocations to the records. Perform mathematical calculations related to billing.
- Identify, research and resolve issues using available resources. Recognize, document, and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls or daily workload. Authorize and/or makes adjustments of customer bills in accordance with the department’s grants of authority.
- Maintain automated financial and non-financial reports by reviewing data and taking necessary action. Enter data in CIS and proof all data for accuracy. Create service and maintenance orders. Reconcile reports and statements by balancing and comparing computations of a varied range. Monitor and evaluate customer billing accounts and make necessary adjustments.
- Meet productivity, dependability, and service quality expectations. May assist in training new employee in other areas as needed.
- Knowledge of business English (i.e. grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure).Ability to organize, multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn Denver Water’s “Operating Rules” and “Engineering Standards” and communicate understanding to others.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn various software applications and operate standard office machines and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
- Education Requirements: High school graduation or equivalent with additional training in p.c. applications and customer service related topics.
- Experience Requirements: Two years previous call center/records and billing/correspondence experience or equivalent face to face customer service in the service industry or other professional environment.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Some employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. Worker’s compensation background check and a strength test if required for the position.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412