Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
At Westfield Group, our employees are a valuable part of the company, and they
Customer Service & Policy Processing Representative - Westfield Center, OH
Training class begins on Tuesday, May 31st.
Description: Responsible for the handling of processing, projects, and communication assignments for product lines of Personal Lines, Small Business Accounts, Middle Market, Agribusiness/Farm, Special Risk, and Workers' Compensation. Responsibilities vary depending upon the Services area assignment. Duties may include processing and evaluating agency submitted requests for new business, endorsement, and renewals. Phone and email correspondence with agencies is included. Project assignments include those focusing on premium generation, coding, correct classification, or agency support activities such as MVR ordering or quote support. Positions align to CL Services and the Underwriting Business Center (UBC).
- 1 or more years of prior work experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills needed to manage workflow and efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills resulting in the ability to interact and share information with agencies and customers.
- Proven ability to follow pre-set processes.
- Demonstrated PC experience including MS Office products.
- High School diploma, GED, or commensurate work experience.
Essential Functions (not an all inclusive list):
- Responsible for evaluating, making decisions on, and processing policy new business applications, endorsements, and renewals for multiple lines of insurance in order to support company premium growth, policy retention, premium adequacy, and customer-focused quality of new and in force business.
- Handles telephone, email, and fax inquiries from Westfield agency partners utilizing best practice procedures (standardized greetings, proper call transfers, and follow-up).
- Evaluates and updates policy information in accordance with premium generation, policy review, and assembly. This may include agency quote support, policy coding, coverage review (such as verification of discounts and surcharges), error corrections, risk factors, correct classification, and premium growth opportunities.
- Partners with other Services teams to accomplish department service goals. Provides quoting assistance and back-up support. Assists the Legal department with reviews and responses. May on occasion make agency office visits with an underwriter or leader to discuss or explain services.
- Promotes awareness and education of commercial or personal lines through answering routine questions presented by underwriters, leaders, business partners, or policyholders. This may include training of internal and external guests (e.g. agents, underwriters, and business partners).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
At Westfield Group, our employees know how their efforts contribute to the success of the company. Join an organization where your work is important, your time is productive, and your contribution is rewarding. We encourage a culture of sharing knowledge, open communication, supporting co-workers, and accountability. Our employees feel good about the work they do and the people they work with. Our Total Rewards package includes 401(k), Pension Plan, and Vacation.
To learn more about opportunities available, please visit www.westfieldinsurance.com.
Member companies of the Westfield Group are Equal Opportunity Employers (M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran).