This individual will need to possess the following skills:
• Focus in a fast paced environment
• Ability to identify problems days before they arise
• Ability to multitask and change gears on the move
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Establish relationships with existing customers and be their go to person when problems appear
• Ability to filter through 500+ emails daily and focus on the important ones
• Work with dispatch to ensure all loads move on time
• Identify correct equipment need for particular customers
• Understand and apply proper rates for individual customers
• Learn customer's websites to accept and decline freight in a timely matter
• Attention to detail
• Proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to learn new systems and programs quickly
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities in a small area
• Track and trace loads from booking to delivery
Specific daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Communicate with customers. You will need to obtain freight as required by dispatch. This will be done via phone calls, emails and faxes. It is important to maintain a healthy relationship with the customer. Therefore you will also be communicating load issues in a timely manner.
• Set up delivery and pick up appointments. These must be completed daily to ensure there is no delay with the driver's information.
• Update pick up and delivery information via customer websites per customer requirements. These must be done immediately to ensure there is not an issue with billing and collections
• Entering loads into the operating system. This must be done with 100% accuracy and timely to ensure a clear picture of where freight requirements stand
• Update information in the operating system as required. This could include adding lumper information, detention charges, or other changes that occur after the initial tender is received.
• Communicating with customer and driver regarding detention charges to ensure appropriate documentation is received to allow for collection of detention charges.
• Review load board for several days in advance to ensure we have secured the appropriate number of load required to dispatch all trucks without any unnecessary layover.
• Work with Billing, Rates, and dispatch to resolve any issues that may occur
• Work with Logistics on any overflow loads that you receive and are unable to cover.
• Work with Sales to identify any areas of need whether they are new loads needed or new areas to expand to
This position is a Monday thru Friday position, from 8 AM to 5 PM. You will also be required to take home the after hour's phone on a rotating schedule. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance as well as holiday and vacation pay after 90 days probation.
Education and Experience
We are willing to train the right person for this position. However, special consideration will be given to individuals who have experience or education in the following areas:
• OTR Transportation
• Supply Chain Management
If interested please respond to the ad with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.