Responsible for design, development and enhancement of assigned subject areas of the Enterprise Data Warehouse core model for healthcare, following established industry best practices and Truven standards as required meeting thebusiness requirements. This individual will also be responsible for developing and maintaining data quality, development of data components, and overseeing performance testing and tuning of the data components. The successful candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, and have experience interacting with internal and external technical and business subject matter experts. This individual will be required to interact with onshore and offshore contracted colleagues to successfully complete data warehouse development projects.
The Data Architect will be responsible for ensuring that the resulting data models from assignments, not only meet business requirements, but also support data quality initiatives, as well as perform efficiently and accurately. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in a variety of data warehouse concepts, practices and procedures and will have the ability to design comprehensive and creative solutions to complex and diverse business requirements.
- Obtain, analyze and translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Design and manage data models in data modeling software, including versioning, source control and release management of models and other artifacts.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Business Consultants and other subject matter experts to design, develop and/or enhance data models that meet desired business functions.
- Develop, maintain and effectively communicate Source to Target Mappings and data models design concepts for use as data integration (ETL) specifications.
- Develop and maintain metadata and metadata management strategies for the data model.
- Collaborate with various groups (Database Administrators, Business Intelligence Architects, others) to identify and resolve design or performance issues with the enterprise data warehouse.
- Collaborate with management and other data architects on development of data strategies, best practices and standards.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and research related to current technologies and IT trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Complete assigned deliverables with quality, efficiency and within established timelines.