Seeking CUSTOMER FOCUSED, Energetic, Problem Solvers, to join our growing TEAM!
Compact Power Equipment, Inc. is a fast-growing, innovative leader in the rental and service ofcommercial and light construction equipment. We work hard at preserving our unique culture through a shared commitment to our core values of Integrity, Professionalism, Results, Teamwork, Hustle, Service and Fun.
Compact Power Equipment Rental - We operate in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
WE OFFER: Medical, Dental, Health Savings Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, and 401K. Excellent career growth opportunities
The Delivery Service Tech (DST) role is to deliver rental equipment and provide basic operations training on the proper and appropriate use. Professionalism and a service orientation are key requirements for this role. Good customer service and communication skills are a must. The DST is the front line and face of the business. Additionally, the DST will be responsible for preventative maintenance and cleaning rental equipment prior to and after each rental delivery.
- Prepares equipment and ensures rental readiness through visual inspection and methodical preventative maintenance
- Delivers and picks up equipment from customer location
- Trains customer on proper operation of equipment when requested
- Performs basic repairs on down equipment
- Ability to leverage other members of field service teams to ensure deliveries are made on time and without failure
- Participate in training events
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School
- Ability to communicate effectively with store management, department head, and associate level employees.
- Ability to obtain CDL class B driver's license
- Effective operation of equipment
- Trailer towing and safety
- Basic mechanical know-how
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image
Working conditions are primarily outdoors and require extensive physical/manual labor. Also requires significant travel, including overnight stays. Job requires a substantial amount of truck driving.
High School Diploma or GED, Tech School or OEM Training - or equivalent experience required