QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Comebuild the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Dental Customer Support Analyst – (Irvine, CA)
A growing national developer of turnkey computer solutions in the healthcare industry for over 40 years, Quality Systems Inc., (QSI) has excellent opportunities for intelligent, highly-motivated, customer-oriented individuals. This position is with QSIDental - a Quality Systems, Incorporated business unit, in Irvine, CA.
- Ensure overall client happiness with QSI after client's system acceptance and training acceptance have been received.
- Ensure all issues entered through the Customer Support (CS) system are statused within the time frame specified by the client with an accurate expected solution date and time acceptable to client.
- Ensure all issues entered through the CS system are being resolved by the company in an appropriate time frame and manner.
- Report any client dissatisfaction with QSI to management with details of and recommendations for solution.
- Report any potential issues that may cause client dissatisfaction to management with details of and recommendations for solution.
- Return all direct phone calls from clients within 24 hours and document issues of call in the CS support system.
- Provide solutions to client issues, not answers to support calls.
- Provide input to Software Development on recommended product enhancements identified during interface with clients.
- Provide on-going analysis of ways to prevent duplicate support calls and reduce duplication of efforts by other support representatives.
- Submit appropriate solutions to the solution index.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure software error fixes are corrected at all clients.
- Create and update internal documentation (checklists, install notes, technical bulletins).
- Report improvements to client documentation to Technical Writers.
- Solve problems at the root level, not just the symptom.
- Provide clear, concise answers to client requests and follow up with a phone call to the client.
- Provide procedural and technical support to other QSI employees.
- Write (one time) programs as necessary to resolve client problems.
- Correct small scale program errors for programs in the field.
- Ensure correction by Software Development of larger program errors within timeframe acceptable/reasonable to client.
- Resolve Electronic Data Interface (EDI) issues for clients using EDI.
- Provide front-line analysis of problems interfacing with hardware.
- Provide procedural support and training for established clients.
- Provide procedural support for new/upgrade clients to address immediate needs and inform client manager/trainer if additional training or follow-up is required.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours and weekend support.
- Minimum of 2 year of customer service experience
- Experience troubleshooting proprietary software
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with healthcare, emphasis on Dental (business processes, terms, and procedures)
- Experience troubleshooting healthcare software solutions.
- Some programming, especially in BASIC
- Technical background, working knowledge of SQL, UNIX, Windows, and HTML.
- Experience with ANSI 5010 and HL7
- AA or equivalent in computer/business related field.
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.