# of Positions 3
Job Type Professional/Technical
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends Required Not Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurerof cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Leads a cross-disciplinary team in the design of user experiences, development of high-level concepts, application user interfaces, and digital artifacts, for example: scenarios, concept models, conceptual flows, high-level wireframes, interaction flows, detailed wireframes, screen specifications, and cross channel initiatives
- Promotes and facilitates creative collaboration within the multi-disciplinary project teams
- Serves as the primary liaison among user interface teams
- Collaborates closely with user researchers, business, and project teams of business analysts, designers, copywriters, and developers to optimize digital user experience and promote mobile first philosophy
- Utilizes research insights to build an in-depth understanding of target users' needs, tasks, and goals as they apply to design
- Possesses a strong understanding of digital user interface design and digital user experiences for online and mobile products
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Creates and implements strategic and tactical creative solutions
- Acts as the primary point of accountability for the creation of Digital Artifacts by working with and leading the User Experience Design team
- Works with User Experience Design teams to organize, schedule, and control the creative effort of projects while effectively managing scope
- Responsible for meeting Digital Experience Standards or filing deviation exception requests, as appropriate
- Brings perspective that incorporates leading and emerging practices, and technology from the digital landscape to identify valuable concepts and applies these in innovative ways to meet business and user needs and expectations
- Ensures overall digital design process adheres to the project requirements, objectives, and timeline
- Provides input to, and ultimately must agree with, specific measures to address future objectives for the user experience and business case that were unable to be completed as part of the original project
- Works closely with Business and Systems Leads to identify and enable solutions to achieve the desired user experience
- Continuous learning of user needs to optimize the holistic digital customer experience
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company compliance standards including brand, intellectual property, copyright and trademark
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Job may require travel outside normal business hours; travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles; and may include weekends
- HFI Certification preferred
State Farm Insurance is seeking a UX Lead to join a multi-disciplinary team of user experience design professionals.
**Please include a link to your digital portfolio or attach work samples within the resume summary of your online application. Portfolio should include samples of web, responsive web and native application (mobile) design. Please note we are unable to access cloud-based portfolio links.
Additional items of note:
• Coordinates the creative effort of projects assigned, under the guidance and direction of the Creative Director
• Responsible for UX teams' compliance to user-centered design (UCD) processes and design quality standards
• Understands and clarifies project scope, research goals, timelines, and priorities
• Drives innovative thinking to set the bar for best-in-class UCD delivery
• Engages with Managers, Creative Directors, and PMs to raise design issues/risks
• Establishes an ongoing collaborative relationship with UX Research Team
• Consults with UX Researchers to accurately identify project-level, primary, secondary and usability research needs, based on the scope of the project, as required to inform the work of the UX Team
• Advocates for effective use of virtual collaboration tools
• Facilitates collaborative reviews of Digital Artifacts at key points during the design process
• 7+ years of industry experience and 4+ years in user experience architecture or visual design, and minimum of 2 years of team leadership experience
• Experience in Project Management/analysis
• Experience in both waterfall and agile project methodologies
• Highly skilled in UX architecture or UX visual design
• Ability to lead productive teams of UX practitioners to deliver quality user experiences in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary structure, bringing out the best in their teams
• Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here.