Director of Logistics
MicroStar Keg Management is growing and we are seeking an experienced Director of Logistics to join our team! As a key part of our "Customer First!"strategy, the Director of Logistics is the team lead and point person for our freight and warehouse operations.
These functions are the key to our Keg Management business as they strive to deliver on time and complete customer orders at the right cost. As part of our commitment to an efficient and effective supply chain, the Logistics Team tackles tactical and strategic challenges every month. This role provides the leadership and dedication needed to stay in front of these challenges in this fast-paced and growing business.
MicroStar Keg Management is the leading diversified keg solutions provider for the US beer industry and continues to grow. Our team delivers cost-effective and sustainable keg solutions such as keg sales, leasing, logistics, repair and maintenance. We're proud to count industry leaders including Oskar Blues, Sapporo, Stone Brewing, Dogfish Head, MillerCoors and more than 500 other award-winning brewers as customers.
Location: We are currently located in the Denver Tech Center; however, we are moving to the River North (RiNo) area in 2017.
- Lead the MicroStar Freight team - day-to-day operations and strategic thought leadership
- Lead the MicroStar Warehouse team - day-to-day operations and strategic thought leadership
- Drive a KPI culture by managing performance via metrics and other facts from the business
- Provide planning support for both functions (demand, spend, etc.)
- Lead the logistics integration with our KegCraft division
- Recruit and on-board staff as needed
- Champion change and lead improvement projects as needed
- Stay connected to the MicroStar commercial team to align on objectives and priorities
- Manage supplier relations with operational partners
- Up to 20% travel to customers and partners
Education and Experience:
- Over 5 years of experience in a freight team leadership role with direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree required; Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management emphasis a plus
- Good experience with IT systems that support Freight operations
- Experience with management of 3PL warehouses
- Experience with structured project management and execution
- Demonstrated commitment to both service and cost objectives
Skills and Abilities:
- Great interpersonal skills that fit with the Craft Beer culture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong people management and development skills
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and written
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with teammates, customers and partners in the supply chain to gain support, influence behavior and achieve results
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and dig in directly to problems as needed
- Ability to set priorities, be self-disciplined and consistent
- Ability to foster innovation and implement change
- Occasional lifting of empty kegs up to 50lbs
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Fortune 500 caliber benefits
- 401k + Employer Match
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via the "APPLY NOW" button
MicroStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more, visit www.microstarlogistics.com.