The Director of Marketing and Membership will be responsible for outreach and engagement with members and prospective members, as well as the association's internal and external marketing and communications. This position develops, directs and evaluates the strategy, materials and programs to recruit and retain members. This position also is responsible for identifying growth opportunities, analyzing market trends, and identifying and leading the solicitation of program sponsors. The Director of Marketing and Membership oversees member programs and is a key contributor to the development of new opportunities to engage and meet the needs of the membership. The position is an overall contributor to the organization's senior team, providing problem-solving and ideas for growth.
• Member Retention and New Member Recruitment
o Develops and oversees the implementation of the organization's strategy to recruit new members, including message development and identification of target companies and new target market segments.
o Develops and oversees the implementation of the organization's strategy to retain members, including identifying opportunities to modify and develop programs to meet evolving member needs, monitoring engagement levels of members, identifying strategies to engage more individuals within each member company, and identifying at-risk members.
o Develops and oversees the implementation of member programs including but not limited to networking events, scholarships, online community, awards, and annual membership meeting.
o Develops and executes strategies to secure sponsors for a variety of programs.
• Financial and Budget Management
o Prepares and manages budgets related to dues, sponsorships, and member programs.
o Manages communications (both external and internal) including, but not limited to newsletter development, web site updates, training programs and press releases. The Director may also assist in creating legislative and regulatory communications.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience managing membership or marketing functions.
• Experience in construction or other related industry is preferred, but not required.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
Attributes and Skills:
• Strategic thinker who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Stature and confidence to build relationships and credibility internally and externally.
• Proven track record in membership development, and the ability to sell the organization to potential members.
• Strong public speaking skills and ability to make presentations to large audiences.
• Talent for business innovation with a constant eye towards evaluating the value proposition and creating new ways to meet objectives.
• Independent, self-starter with the ability to make good decisions without constant direction.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor staff and lead teams of people towards common goals.
• Analytical mind with a strong ability to identify and diagnose challenges of the industry, create solutions to those challenges, and effectively communicate using messages which translate to many levels and audience members.
• Proven track record of completing short-term tasks under time-sensitive deadlines, while continuing to manage on-going long-term projects.
• Passion for working in a mission-driven organization with a focus on delivering an outstanding membership experience.
• Ability to handle typical office and computer related tasks, and proficient in Microsoft Office products as well as Word Press.
• Flexibility to travel within Colorado to member/stakeholder locations, and travel to some meetings, tradeshows, and/or conventions maybe required.
The Colorado Association of Mechanical and Plumbing Contractors (CAMPC) is a construction industry trade organization that represents approximately 200 industry members, representing owners and managers of firms involved in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation, plumbing, piping, and mechanical service throughout Colorado. Under various names we have promoted our industry and its members since 1889, the oldest construction trade association in Colorado. Today we serve the needs of roughly 200 member companies, and our numbers are growing.
Our oversight Board of Directors is comprised of contractor members of all sizes, from all over our state. We are truly representative of the variety of firms in our industry. The Colorado Association of Mechanical and Plumbing Contractors is a chapter of the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau, the Mechanical Contractors Association of America, and the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors.