Reports To: SVP, Operations and Technology
Manages: Data Analyst, Distributed Database Administrators, BI Developers/Architects
Purpose: To manage the planning, designing, implementation and maintenance of overall architectural strategyfor Connecticare's RDMS and Business Intelligence environments for the entire organization. Manage the team of IT staff responsible for maintaining the corporate RDMS and Business Intelligence environments.
1. Lead, train, develop, provide coaching and guidance to assigned staff. Provide and foster an environment of cross training, pro-active problem solving, and knowledge transfer amongst team members.
2. Manage the Enterprise Architecture for the corporate RDMS and Business Intelligence environments ensuring data integrity, backup and disaster recovery readiness, sound data modeling and a strong architectural environment.
3. Responsible for resource management, including yearly employee reviews, cost analysis, resource allocations, and employee growth and training.
4. Responsible for coordinating and managing the organization's logical and relational databases across multiple platforms and computing environments.
5. Provide coordination, guidance and direction for the database support function as well as for ETL and Reporting infrastructures, ensuring availability, performance and stability.
6. Facilitates the development and compliance of standards and procedures affecting database management support, design and maintenance.
7. Defines data architecture strategies and patterns to advance the enterprise data direction.
8. Provides technical leadership to project teams to develop and aligns an architecture solution that meets stated business requirements.
9. Provides data management industry insight and guidance. Researches, analyzes and assesses advanced and emerging technology solutions in multiple technology domains, anticipating the impact on architectures and systems.
10. Provide subject matter expertise about the data (sources, elements, variables, etc...), reports, tools, and business intelligence technologies.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor's degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an information systems environment.
2. Ability to lead and mentor a technical team.
3. 5-7 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence or similar technical role.
4. Expert knowledge with data warehousing environments, specifically SQL Server.
5. Understand leading industry data warehouse and data delivery methodologies.
6. Strong familiarity with programming languages including; SQL, C#.
6. Excellent problem solving and decision making ability.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
8. Knowledge of Managed Care healthcare product models highly desirable.
9. Ability to make appropriate decisions at any level.
1.Leadership: Creates company image with business leaders and promotes the internal culture.
Promotes, hires, and retains a talented and diverse workforce. Sets clear and obtainable objectives for employees. Delivers timely and specific feedback (both positive and negative) and is effective in delivering appropriate rewards and recognition. Sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
2. Member and Customer Focus: Recognizes that members and customers (internal & external) are the driving force behind every business activity. Continuously makes an effort to exceed the expectations of members and customers.
3. Quality Orientation: Assumes responsibility for providing the highest level of quality to members and customers.
4. Innovation: The ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of ConnectiCare.
5. Communication: The ability to communicate with clarity both orally and in writing.
6. Teamwork: Demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of ConnectiCare and inspires the same in others.
7. Results Orientation: The ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
8. Change Mastery: Embraces change.
9. Learning Orientation: Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V