- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience developing and testing software developed in C or C++.
- 3+ years’ experience with OOA/OOD software development methodology.
- 3+ years’ experience in full development lifecycle for software projects.
- 3+ years of experience producing software development documents, such as design documents and test plans.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience developing software on an embedded microprocessor using an RTOS in C or C++.
- Experience designing and developing device drivers.
- Experience contributing to the development of software architecture.
- Experience with UML and OOA/OOD software development methodology.
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocols, routing, and writing network communications software in C or C++.
- Experience in full development lifecycle for software projects.
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development process or other defined SW development.
- Familiarity with software analysis, design, development, testing (including software unit testing), and automation tools.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- A successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug software and related hardware issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Cryptographic experience.
- Radio communications experience.
Working for Harris:
We take good care of our people—their health, their finances and family – In other words, all the things that matter. From compensation and benefits to flexible work schedules and financial tools, we show our appreciation for your skills, ambitions and potential.
What’s it really like at Harris? Our core values sum it up. A casual, fun atmosphere where we deliver customer value, encourage collaboration and individual potential is endless. At Harris, the best ideas are founded on our strong ideals.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.