We have an immediate need, as in NOW, for a direct hire entry level system administrator position. Your job will be to build out new environments, coordinate with other teams, and own solutions until they are delivered to customers. If you enjoy all things internet then read on.
- Handles the installation and configuration of Operating Systems and Software across our multiple data centers for our customers.
- Oversees and coordinates with other teams and departments to ensure new environments are setup per process.
- Acts as a technical point of contact for project managers regarding assigned solutions.
- Ensures quality standards are followed and documents technical information in our systems.
- Updates procedures and how-to articles as needed.
- Assists other team members on their solutions when requested.
- After initial training period, serves as rotating on-call.
- Building and upgrading server hardware including hardware controller raid arrays.
- Installing and configuring Linux, preferably RHEL, and Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 Operating Systems.
- Setting up Apache, MySQL, and IIS Web Servers; and installing other server software.
- VMware vSphere, AWS, Azure, and other virtualization systems.
- Setting up basic Active Directory domains and adding servers to an existing domain.
- Adding firewall policies.
- You should understand how networks work, VLANs, load balancers, SANs and NAS, backup systems, and network monitoring.
- Working with a ticketing system.
- Remotely administering and troubleshooting systems.
- Excellent customers service skills and be fluent in English. You will speak directly to customers and must be able to confidently, correctly, and professionally explain complex technical matters.
The ideal candidate will have at least one to two years enterprise IT or Web Hosting experience, one or more Linux or Windows Server Certifications, and a desire to dive into fortune 5000 Enterprise IT systems. The ideal candidate will also be awesome, up to date on pop culture, and maintain a positive attitude.
Must have a High School Diploma and be able to pass a criminal background check.
DIRECT HIRE ONLY - ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
Must be able to work onsite in Denver, CO
Compensation and Benefits
- This position is hourly and pays between $38,000 and $45,000 a year based on experience.
- Monday through Friday, daytime with overtime available if desired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401.K Plan.
- Work from home one day a week.
- Career growth. We internally promote a lot and this position is available because of an internal promotion.
- Monthly Food Allowance.
- Standing Desks if requested.