Facilities Engineer /Mechanical Engineer
Kelly Engineering is actively searching for a facilities engineer for a biopharmaceutical company in San Diego, CA. This will be a direct
hire position. The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree with experience supporting cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
- Provide engineering expertise to support the plant utility systems that include steam, water, natural gas, waste treatment, GMP and non GMP HVAC, chilled water, heating hot water, cooling systems that include freezers and refrigerators.
- Provide support for existing facility and utility systems through continuous improvement activities that include change control, updating drawings, revising operating procedures and working with teams from Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Quality to supporting manufacturing process.
- Interface with subcontractors; i.e., installation contractors, and equipment contractors
- Conduct life cycle assessment on mechanical plant utility and manufacturing equipment, review and make recommendations to Engineering management related to life cycle repairs or replacement
- Provide support to Process, Automation, Maintenance and Facilities for mechanical plant utility related issues.
- Play an essential leadership role in the operation and troubleshooting of the mechanical plant utility systems. This will be accomplished through review and interaction with process engineers, and maintenance personnel.
- Develop controlled, technical documents based on P&ID documents produced by engineering firms to support on-going, and re-validation of the Mechanical Plant Systems
- Oversee the field installation of the Mechanical Plant Systems by performing regular field walk-through tours and inspections and initiate any procedures necessary to resolve problems.
- Manage the change control function of the systems by ensuring communication of all problems to the appropriate individuals and providing consultation and expertise to ensure changes/deviations cause minimal or no impact to their system. Ensure Quality requirements are met through the change control process.
- Serve as project manager to coordinate and ensure plant utility and manufacturing systems quality across functional areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate a high-degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, with emphasis on very technical issues relating to process controls, building automation systems, and general control theory. Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot equipment and document root cause and corrective actions.
- Experience with mechanical systems, i.e., HVAC, boilers, chillers, piping, plumbing, and operating a pharmaceutical/biotechnology manufacturing facilities.
- Familiarity with integrating vendor PLC local/skid controls into mechanical systems.
- Understanding of Siemens building automation systems.
- Ability to generate engineering design drawings using computer aided design (e.g. Autocad), user requirements and specifications.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines, familiarity with change control systems and quality compliance in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment including the ability to adapt to changing priorities as necessary to achieve department and corporate goals within established timelines
- Demonstrate good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate technical issues to a diverse group, ranging from process scientists to field technicians.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Facilities systems validation/commissioning experience a plus.
Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with 5-8 years relevant engineering experience supporting a cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing operation.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly
provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014.
Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Download WorkWire™, a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.