Closing Date: March 30, 2016
Are you ready to apply your passion for adult higher education while preparing students to succeed in meeting the challenges of the 21st century? Excelsior College isthe place for you! Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Faculty Program Director in Cybersecurity Programs in the School of Business and Technology.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, this position is responsible for providing academic leadership in the management and development of School curricula, management and development of faculty, and facilitation of student learning and support for the undergraduate and graduate cybersecurity programs. The faculty program director works within the School of Business and Technology (SBT) to support the strategic plan of the College and is responsible for the academic quality and growth of the program. Travel is required for all faculty, and varies by position. This is a full-time position at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY, 12203.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to:
- program development/review
- curricular and course development/review
- Confer with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas, and relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, occupational areas, and discipline knowledge.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of curriculum.
- Recruit, retain, mentor, and evaluate faculty and subject matter experts.
- Determine course schedule and assign faculty for teaching assignments.
- Engage faculty in program and curriculum strategies and development initiatives.
- Work collaboratively to mediate and resolve faculty, curricular, and student issues.
College and School of Business and Technology Responsibilities
- Participate in School of Business and Technology and College-wide committees and activities to support the College’s strategic plan.
- Engage in quality improvement and student satisfaction/retention initiatives.
- Build and maintain community and industry relationships, including project partnerships and student opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Earned Doctorate in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, Information Security, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited United States institution or an equivalent, nationally recognized foreign institution of higher learning.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with online/distance education preferred.
- Teaching experience in higher education, experience in curriculum development and implementation, and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred.
- Professional industry certification such CISSP is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CAE/CD application and or other specialized accreditation is preferred.
- Blackboard or related LMS literacy preferred.
- A variety of competencies (skills & knowledge) is required including: adaptability/flexibility, partnership building, discipline expertise, developing others (mentoring), initiative, innovation, leadership, work management, and quality strategic decision-making.