A Denver-based specialty construction company that builds MSE (mechanically stabilized earth) walls for commercial, government, and residential clients throughout the Rocky Mountain region
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, the company has established itself as one of the region's most stable and trustworthy retaining wall builders. More recently, the company has also grown its presence significantly as a leading commercial sub-contractor, so this is a great company to build a long-lasting career with.
The company has a strong team culture built around trust, reliability, humility, and performance, so this would be a great fit for you if you are someone with a strong work ethic and that strives to be your best in everything that you do.
As Field Foreman, you would responsible for leading and managing the success of a single retaining wall construction project. The position is very hands-on, so this would not be a fit for someone that is looking to work behind a desk or in an office trailer.
An ideal candidate for this position should have 3+ years of experience leading civil site construction projects, including experience with retaining wall and/or concrete structural construction. Candidates should also have 3+ years of earth moving experience and should be able to demonstrate exceptional planning, leadership, project management, and communication skills (bilingual is a plus)!
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the planning, organization, and execution of multiple retaining wall projects, including occasional travel to work on out-of-state projects (e.g. Wyoming)
• Manage a company vehicle with tools. Drive a trailer with machinery.
• Work with general contractors during construction to manage the following: customer expectations, compliance with plans and specifications, compliance with testing and inspection, and problem solving.
• Order materials, communicate up with general manager about manpower, machinery, and schedule needs.
• Ensure high customer satisfaction through the delivery of a clean trustworthy wall as the final product.
• Write daily reports for each crew to include cards, production reports, inventory transfers, and equipment inspections. ( 1 piece of paper per day)
• Train and equip crews to ensure quality standards and production standards are met
• Inspect equipment and train operators to better operate equipment
• Manage safety of crew and comply with company safety policy
• Manage a schedule of 3 crews, time keeping and tracking of employees
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• 3+ years of experience as a construction foreman, including civil site experience with retaining wall and/or concrete experience
• 3+ years of earthmoving experience
• Civil plan reading (e.g. grade lines, elevations, how to find utilities, etc.)
• Use of a flat laser and eye level
• Ability to read survey stakes (e.g. offset, cut/fill, elevations and stations)
• Ability to operate machinery (e.g. loader, excavator, skid steer, compaction)
• Ability to read soils proctor and understanding of soil density/moisture relationships; ability to achieve 95% compaction of soils with proper moisture
• Knowledge of trucking and staging large amounts of earth materials
• Ability to drive a pickup truck with a bumper pull or gooseneck trailer and to load/unload machinery and materials with the trailer in mountainous and/or offroad conditions (CDL is a plus)
• Able to order materials from suppliers
• Physically able to lift 100lbs repeatedly and work long hours outside
Additional Traits & Qualities
• Ability to drive production
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Strong leadership and training skills
• Ability to ensure that quality standards are met
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus but not required
• Highly focused and organized
• Strong problem-solving skills
PAY & BENEFITS:
The position is hourly with overtime at $23+ per hour (based on experience). The company also offers an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, paid holidays/vacation, a company truck, and phone.