We pride ourselves in living up to our motto of managing the "Best Buildings in the Neighborhood™". And our philosophy seems to be working. The company has grown dramatically over the years, but we haven't outgrown our spirit of service or our commitment to excellence. We currently have an opening for a Floating Maintenance Technician.
This is a highly visible position that provides maintenance service throughout Colorado (Denver/Aurora/Lakewood/Northglenn). We will provide reimbursement for work related mileage. The successful candidate will be:
Job responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for various hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure and appliances.
• Oversee the inventory of apartments to support the community's marketing and leasing efforts, schedules contractors or assists in completing the turn process and inspects ready apartments for move-in quality.
• The Maintenance Technician must be willing to work some evening, weekend and on-call emergency service as needed.
• Prepares market-ready apartments in regard to general repairs.
• Assists in scheduling all market-ready apartments in regard to painting, carpet cleaning, housekeeping, etc.
• Performs various maintenance functions such as minor roof repairs, re-keying door locks and repairing furnaces, air-conditioners, plumbing, appliances, etc.
• Performs various preventive maintenance functions and ensures the Preventive Maintenance Program is followed in order to maintain the community standards.
• Completes regular community inspections.
• Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager on special maintenance projects as necessary.
• Works with maintenance team to maintain grounds and common areas and keeps them free of trash and debris.
• Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters, HVAC units, etc.
• Recommends the repair or replacement of any interior and/or exterior areas needing attention.
• Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
• Performs to Company standards and ensures that service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, trade and/or technical school training a plus.
• Must have an understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions.
• A minimum of one or more years of hands-on apartment maintenance experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc.
• Basic knowledge of current codes and regulations and excellent communication, organizational, budgeting, and leadership skills required.
• Must be detail and multi-task oriented and possess strong motivation, customer service and time management skills.
• Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment.
• Valid driver's license with a clean record.
• Reliable transportation -- may have to travel to a number of properties/communities throughout the day
• CPO certification is a plus.
• Successfully pass our background check
Medical, dental, 401K, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick days, and tuition reimbursement for work-related courses.
To be considered for this wonderful opportunity, please submit your resume.