Homebound Founding Full Stack IC Engineer
Culture and Mission
We are a small but rapidly growing team, backed by some of the biggest names in the VC realm including Khosla and Google Ventures.
We are an inclusive, collaborative, seasoned team and we are incredibly driven to change the world together.
We are working together to find best in class solutions for our customers.
We're building something that has never been built and we are so excited to make building a custom home a fun and pleasant process. We will execute relentlessly, in service of our customers.
As we say in our Mission Statement, we are One Team. Together we will bring this vision to reality, soon.
We understand what it means to work smarter. Our C-Levels subscribe to Agile iteration and the Servant-Leader approach.
We are a family and health-first oriented workplace We believe in establishing a strong work-life-rhythm.
This is perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be the founding engineer on a greenfield project to build and scale an enterprise-grade software platform that will truly change the lives of your fellow humans.
You will be one of the first engineering hires, and will immediately be leading efforts to build a world-class software platform that will enable us to build the most efficient and delightful home building experience. Initially, you will spend time to ensuring our existing clients and internal team are happy using off the shelf solutions as we build our own infrastructure.
Our platform will be web and mobile based and will be our client's constant companion throughout the year-long process of building a home. The technology platform will allow us to scale to be the biggest and best homebuilder in the U.S. We have big plans for the future…
You will have an opportunity to determine Open Source architecture, infrastructure, tech stack, team makeup and of course, ensuring that the tech team stays true to our core mission and values.
You are both a strong individual contributor and leader, able to assume responsibility for Homebound's overall Software Development Lifecycle and software evolution.
A major plus would be experience and interest in home building or construction.
Homebound's mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we're already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Khosla Ventures and Google Ventures, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
● Architect, design, and implement new functionality
● Collaborate with Product Management to help envision and design new capabilities
● Play an instrumental role in defining technical specifications for new features
● Create rapid prototypes, design experiments, and iterate quickly
● Strike a balance between moving quickly and ensuring quality standards for coding, testing, and technical design
● Connect our technology platform with multiple 3rd party vendors and tools
● Develop a data pipeline and analyze systems
● Help recruit and onboard a team of engineers that will build Homebound's technology platform for our internal
teams, homeowners, and builders
What You Have Done In Your Career:
● Experience playing a lead role in architecting/designing the service-tier and database layers for a new application,
in a startup environment
● 7+ years of software development in an Open Source environment
● Familiarity with REST API and Web API design
● Experience in configuring and deploying applications
● Experience designing and working with relational databases and data modeling
-Strong metrics and KPI driven approach to SDLC and product development
-Excellent experience in working with both technical and non-technical team members and articulating and
executing on behalf of both departments
Who You Are:
● Truly passionate engineer with a desire to change the world and solve real-world problems with software. You have contagious enthusiasm and a continual glass-half-full approach to software and team development. You are excited about working in a start-up environment where you get to build new internal and external tools from scratch
● Enjoy a close back-and-forth relationship with Product Management where together you figure out not only what is wanted but also what is needed
● Biased towards simple solutions that meet requirements and are easily maintainable
● Have the ability to independently manage your own projects and priorities while meeting expectations of the team and the business
● Have an interest in taking on more responsibility and ownership over time as well as mentoring younger engineers.
Your First 6 Months:
● Lead the development of integration with 3rd party software tools to streamline internal processes
● Design and implement a system for storing and accessing our customer data
● Build Homebound's MVP consumer product that enables a homeowner to manage the phases of the home building process (schedule, budget, design choices, messaging)
● Many other projects based on your skills and interests!
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.