Denver Rescue Mission
Full-Time Facility Assistant (FA)
Lawrence Street Community Center - LSCC
Denver Rescue Mission at the Lawrence Street Community Center is seeking a Full-Time Facility Assistant . The FacilityAssistant ensures the safety and security of shelter, program participants and outside guests. We are looking for an individual who is able to approach this position with a loving and ministerial heart, and able to hold guests and program participants accountable to the rules, policies and procedures. The Facility Assistants must be able to handle conflict professionally and respectfully and maintain composure, and Christ-like manner at all times even under stressful conditions while working as the only staff member on duty. The position will have some flexibility in hours. Must have a heart to serve the needy in a Christian environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and at least one year of relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills both written and orally.
- Flexibility with hours changing to accommodate the needs of the Community Center (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:00am to 1:30pm Thursday – Saturday 1:00pm t 9:30pm).
- Compelled and motivated to provide ministerial assistance to those we serve.
- Ability to hold appropriate and Biblical boundaries and accountability with those we serve.
- Ability to resolve conflict Biblically, professionally and respectfully while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Strong Christian ethic with ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, and religious backgrounds.
- Ability to read, remember and follow precise policies and procedures.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows software applications and ability to learn SCRIBE system.
NOTE: A limited amount of local work related travel may be required.
Denver Rescue Mission is a faith-based charitable non-profit organization that has provided services to the homeless and low-income population and has been committed to “changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need, with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens” for 121 years. We consider ev the policies as set forth in the doctrine of the Constitution/By-laws of the Denver Rescue Mission and must sign, and abide by, the Denver Rescue Mission Statement of Faith.
Interested applicants should go to our website www.denverrescuemission. ery position one of ministry and vital to the fulfillment of our mission. All employees are responsible to uphold org and click on the employment page where our Statement of Faith may be viewed. Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume and Pay will start at $14.05/hour.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.05 /hour
Local candidates only:
- Denver, CO