CLASS TITLE: Part-Time Seasonal Golf Shop Attendant
Under the direction of the Head Golf Professional and the General Manager, to assist in planning, organizing and operating pro shop and golf course activities and operations. This position requires
pre-employment drug testing.
• Opens and closes pro shop and golf course daily.
• Greet and welcome the golfing public; promote the golf course facility and pro shop and overall services.
• Supervises golf course and golf cart operations.
• Ensures proper registration of golfers; correct playing start to include handling reservations and starting times.
• Responsible for preparing daily records and inventory into computer files.
• Keeps display areas stocked and clean in the golf pro shop, markets and sells merchandise and conducts daily business sales and accounting for the point-of-sale system.
• In absence of Head Golf Professional assume management responsibilities for golf shop operations.
• To ensure that all policies are observed by the public on golf course property.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Interpersonal skills, excellent customer service required.
• Game of golf, golf course rules and etiquette
• Retail Sales and Marketing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
One year experience in pro shop operations or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is preferred. . Experience in operating a business at a supervisory level is desired. Candidate must have an ability to establish effective positive working relationships with employees, supervisors, customers, and the public.