Shea Properties - Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate. With a portfolio that includes 8,100 apartment units and 4.9 million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and Washington--and an amazing pipeline of future projects--Shea Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea's Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on http://WORKWITHSHEA.com and follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
The Service Porter Associate is responsible for maintaining the apartment community's common areas, grounds, and all public and recreational facilities. The Service Porter observes and inspects the property daily to ensure the areas are clean and free of trash.
The Service Porter Associate, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Inspects and cleans all common area laundry rooms, restroom facilities, leasing/management office, models, pool area, guest suites and recreational room facilities, and other common areas of the community.
- Inspects all common area grounds including landscape areas, streets, walkways and trash enclosures, removing all trash. Sweeps or washes common areas as directed.
- Assists with general cleaning and scheduled maintenance turnover work on vacant apartments in accordance with the move-in/move-out checklist and company policies and procedures.
- Delivers notices, flyers, and newsletters to residents when requested.
- Paints signs, posts, fences, fire hydrants, speed bumps, decking, curbs, and other areas as directed.
- Performs and assists in other general maintenance duties that are requested by the Service Manager.
- As directed, receives and stocks all maintenance supplies and materials.
- As directed, reconciles all packing slips to merchandise shipments, and forwards to the Service Manager.
- Regularly provides information to the Property Management Staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the community to ensure a quality, safe living environment for the residents and marketability of the community.
- Promotes positive resident relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting residents with a helping hand when appropriate.
- Snow removal during winter months.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Operate hand tools.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Previous experience performing janitorial related tasks including cleaning and painting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
The Service Porter works on-site at an apartment community and interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies depending on the property. Hours are usually scheduled from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and are typically scheduled to work weekend days (Sat/Sun). However, the Service Porter should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the property.
Apply Directly at: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SHEA&cws=51&rid=6121
The Service Porter' physical condition must be sufficient for the consistent and successful completion of the specific responsibilities defined for this position and for his/her performance to be in complete conformance with all professional standards defined for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.