LaborMax Staffing is a local Staffing company tasked with finding a great upbeat Leasing Representative for an up and coming low income apartment community.
Starting wage between $12.00 to $14.00 per hour contingent on experience.
-Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
-Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
-Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
-Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Leasing Representative is the first point of the contact between the company and residents, prospects, contractors, and the general public. Marketing the apartments to prospective residents and processing the subsequent paperwork is the primary function of the position. The Leasing Representative should assist in ensuring that the property is compliant with all state and federal regulations.
1. Greets and interviews prospective tenants, shows apartments, and provides new residents with an orientation to the residential guidelines of the community.
2. Answers telephone calls and can professionally respond to inquiries regarding the community; screen and direct incoming calls.
3. Successfully completes company training program. Training includes Fair Housing, Business Etiquette, Leasing, Company Policies, and Tax Credit compliance as necessary. Training also includes familiarization with basic computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
4. Establishes and maintains a quality presentation of the community.
5. Complies with all federal, state, and local laws, and company policies and guidelines.
6. Prepares new lease applications accurately and ensures that all required documentation is complete, signed, and received in a timely manner.
7. Maintains updated data on unit availability. Coordinates tenant Move Ins and Move Outs.
8. Provides miscellaneous administrative support the Leasing Office operation. Maintains resident files, sends letters/notices to residents as instructed by the Manager. Assists in preparation of reports, documents and correspondence.
9. Maintains files on a variety of management topics: tenants, forms, supplies, correspondence, maintenance, and others which are necessary to the operation of the property.
10. Accepts rents, deposits and miscellaneous fees from residents. Completes all company forms governing and documenting such collections; and may be requested to prepare bank deposits and reconciliations.
11. Assists with daily, weekly, and other reports as required.
12. Accepts service calls from residents and reports to the Maintenance Department in a timely manner, according to company guidelines.
13. Handles tenant complaints and follows correct procedures as instructed.
14. Maintains statistical data, keeping accurate records of all traffic, new resident move ins, and move outs.
15. Assists with audits and inspections.
16. Ensures that the office and clubhouse is clean and orderly.
17. May be required to work weekends.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
It should be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. These are general guidelines and may vary based on the individual properties and staffing compositions. All employees may be asked to perform additional tasks not found in these job descriptions.
-Good customer service skills.
-A understanding of Fair Housing laws and practices for the state in which the property is located.
-Basic understanding of human nature and what motivates different personality types.
-A thorough understanding of apartment rent collection procedures.
-Very strong mathematical, organizational, and sales skills.
-Strong oral and written communication skills.
-Ability to build and maintain relationships with others.
-Strong computer skills.
-Must be able to provide valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance.
Thank you for your interest.