Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Fulfill customer grocery orders placed
for delivery. Accurately shop for and provide timely delivery of all ordered products. Process orders through the HomeShop Picking, Dispatcher, and Driving computer applications. Demonstrate and role model the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products to be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Maintain proper use and care of HomeShop Pick Cart
- Accurately fulfill customer orders using the HomeShop Picking Application
- Sort and stage merchandise for delivery
- Load and unload vans or trucks
- Deliver scheduled orders in an efficient and timely manner
- Comply with all State and Federal Motor Vehicle Regulations; drive safely, defensively and courteously
- Maintain all paperwork is completed including a daily Driver Vehicle Safety Inspection and Report for any vehicle operated
- Immediately report any vehicle safety issues to supervisor and accidents when they occur
- Accurately enter required delivery information into driver handhelds and GPS device used
- Monitor operating conditions of vehicles, including refrigeration and sanitation of vehicle compartments
- Monitor and provide for temperature sensitive items either by dry-ice or refrigeration
- Communicate information to supervisor of any customer concerns or problem situations
- Verify proper identification for age sensitive items and all forms of payment
- Collect and balance payment to receipts and make adjustments to bills delivered
- Return any refused, returned or undelivered merchandise to the store
- Call guests on cell phone with late delivery schedules
- Demonstrate good customer service and communication skills
- Handle customer concerns resulting in the guest receiving complete satisfaction
- Accurately and efficiently shopping computer generated orders
- Be knowledgeable of the guidelines, restrictions, and services offered by the HomeShop Department
- Maintain good sanitation environment
- Immediately report any damaged, defective or lost equipment to supervisor
- Comply with established HomeShop Picking and Driver Policy and Procedures
- Perform job in a safe manner
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Provide Motor Vehicle Records with a minimum of 2 years driving history
- MVR report must not include any alcohol, drug, reckless, careless, or other severe violations
- Meet Federal Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Qualification/Certification requirements
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
- Retail Experience
- Driving and Delivery Experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs nearly 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,625 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. With more than $108.5 billion in sales in 2014, Kroger ranks 20th on the Fortune list and we continue to grow. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger is a leader in feeding the hungry, supporting breast cancer awareness, assisting local schools and community organizations, and supporting members of the armed forces and their families. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Edgewater || 1725 Sheridan Blvd || 80214 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Front End; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Part-Time || Driver's License