ProEnergy's Professional Services Group provides technical specialists and project management personnel to our power generation, ethanol, refinery and oil and gas industry clients. Our vast network of trained personnel has workedfor some of the industry's finest companies around the world.
Our focus is on personnel for contract, temp-to-hire and direct-hire basis, and we are aggressively seeking versatile, focused, and motivated individuals to join our team.
ProEnergy Services has a current opening available for an HSE Complaince Specialist. This position, under general direction of the Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Manager, is responsible for the daily activities associated with the development, direction, and implementation of Client’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance programs. This position serves to provide leadership and employees with sound guidance to ensure a safe and healthful work environment that complies with all Federal, State, Provincial and/or local, safety and environmental regulations. Holds all employees accountable for the HSE policies, procedures and practices as described in the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Manual, including supports and promotes Company values.
- This position plays a lead role in driving the overall Culture throughout the organization.
- Interprets Federal, State, Provincial and local regulations, best practices and information gathered from consensus standards and hazard analysis in order to develop and maintain sound Health, Safety & Environment Policies, Procedures and Instructional Material.
- Assists in the development of required Health, Safety & Environmental Training.
- Develops and assists in implementation of facility audits.
- Serves as a contact point and safety resource for field safety specialists, site safety specialists, supervisors and managers company-wide.
- Provides technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety and compliance with applicable regulations and/or consensus standards.
- Provides onsite support to multiple sites and facilities on compliance issues, training, and site assessments.
- Works with the internal network of site safety specialists and onsite leadership to develop and ensure implementation of policies.
- Conducts / participates in regularly scheduled site supervisor / safety specialist meetings.
- Provides on-site assessment of safety, health, and environmental risks, providing specific technical and regulatory insight.
- Lead Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis as required.
- Develops corrective / preventative actions for audit, root cause analysis, or investigation findings.
- Verifies field work is in compliance with Federal, State, Provincial and local regulations, company policy and industry best practices.
- Assists HR with the management of worker’s compensation claims as directed. Assists in the management of workplace injuries, and claims mitigation.
- Under the direction of the HSE Manager, or similarly Certified Consult, performs industrial hygiene testing as applicable for work place hazard analysis.
- Represents HSE in a positive way, encourages safe behavior and incident reductions.
- All other job related duties as assigned by the HSE Manager (or designee).
60% of the time is spent in the office environment utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, and specialized software), telephones, and general office equipment. 40% of the time is spent in the field, sometimes in extreme weather conditions, meeting with O&M teams, research, project support or going to industry conferences. Percentage of working times is approximate.
- Five (5) years of practical safety administration experience preferred.
- Proficient reading, comprehension / writing skills. Technical writing ability preferred.
- Associates degree (or equivalent experience and/or certification) in regulatory compliance hazard identification, safety auditing, corrective action development, safety document development / and safety training development / presentation desirable. Direct work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work at heights, including climbing and descending towers of various heights. This includes passing initial Functional Capacity Examination, climb test and related training.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal, State & Provincial Labor and Environmental Regulations / Standards.
- Must be able to work with diverse groups of people in challenging environments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean DMV record.
- Must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Working knowledge with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint (Office Suite).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to present a wide range of safety topics to large groups.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) certification preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout North America, or internationally as required or directed.
- Continued education as required to fulfill required duties.
Colorado Springs, CO