Starwood Retail Partners ("SRP") is a retail real estate platform focused primarily on regional malls and lifestyle centers. Headquartered in Chicago SRP will acquire, redevelop, manage and reposition retail real estate assets in order to enhance property cash flow and create long-term value for its capital partners. Formed by Starwood Capital Group in 2012, the global private real estate investment firm, and its affiliates, SRP seeks to capitalize on opportunities in the ever-changing retail landscape through a unique combination of talent, experience and execution capabilities. SRP brings to each of its investments hands on experience in management, leasing and redevelopment. SRP's goal is to acquire, manage, reposition and re-develop market dominant shopping centers into enduring one-stop shopping destinations of the future.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for the maintenance of all interior and exterior property, including building structures, systems and equipment. They will perform a wide variety of skilled building maintenance and repair tasks and related duties as required.
• Responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and related controls and components. Address all plumbing, electrical, and HVAC requirements of the facility. • Design and implement new ways to improve electrical systems and HVAC systems, minimizing energy consumption at the center. • Responsible for tenant services, preventative maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance. • Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and building. Monitor, adjust, and maintain all HVAC components, including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps, fan coil units, air handing units, unit heaters, controls, valves, thermostats, VAVs, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the facility. • Monitor and adjust building automation and energy management systems. Evaluate building systems to improve performance and operate efficiently. • Operate and maintain fire protection and emergency power systems. Perform weekly generator and fire pump maintenance tests. • Monitor operation and maintain door systems. • Perform routine maintenance and repair of floors, walls, and ceilings. • Refurbish and install seasonal holiday décor. • Handle promotion set-ups, including staging, curtains, chairs and sound systems. • Receive, evaluate and complete work requests. • Formulate and implement preventative maintenance program for the facility. • Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors and tenants. • Document and communicate operational problems to department leadership.
• Assist other team members and departments as needed. • Maintain and control inventory of essential supplies. • Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.), hazards, and customer concerns. • Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations. Practice safe work habits. • Maintain Starwood operational standards. • Other duties as assigned.
• Standing up to 8 hours a day. • Walking up to 8 hours a day. • Working outdoors for 8 hours a day. • Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine. • Ability to stoop, stand, climb, and frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. • Able to speak clearly so others can understand you. Demonstrate general knowledge and skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and small engine maintenance and repair. • Demonstrate skills and knowledge of all types of power tools. • Ability to safely operate fork and aerial lifts. • Detail oriented, with the able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. • Ability to work on roofs. • May be exposed to inclement weather and excessive noise. • Must be able to work in close and cramped spaces including attics, basements, various crawl spaces and areas with low light or no light at all.
The successful candidate will be a professional with demonstrated experience in the role or a similar role.
• High School diploma or GED required. • Minimum of 4+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting. • Graduate of apprentice program or trade school, or any similar combination of education and experience. • May be required to possess appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses. • Required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFCs depending on market license requirements. • Comply with required governmental licensing. • Technically proficient. • Experience reading and troubleshooting using electrical schematics and blue prints. • Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office. • Read, write and communicate at acceptable level. • Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service. • Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record. • Able to respond positively to direction and performance-related criticism.
• Able to work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis. • Capable of consistently maintaining a professional and appropriate demeanor. • Manual dexterity. • Willing to carry a cell phone and work overtime, weekends, and on-call as needed. • Capable of maintaining regular and reliable attendance. • Acceptable background check.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
• Demonstrated organizational skills. • Results-oriented and high energy. • Highest level of personal integrity. • Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. • Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. • Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
Starwood Retail provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.